With Jess Purtell and Aurora Hutchinson
Sun & Moon Yoga, Fairfax, VA
Sundays, 1:00-4:00pm, January 6, 13, 20, and 27, 2019
It began in mystery, and it will end in mystery, but what a savage and beautiful country lies in between. ~ Diane Ackerman
In a world of constant distractions, it can be hard to feel centered, to remember what matters, to listen to your heart’s desire, to navigate life with grace. The New Year is a perfect time to renew your commitment to wellness and to come home to yourself. Join Aurora Hutchinson and Jess Purtell for a multilayered exploration of Self. Through mindful movement and meditation, we’ll explore the intersection of mind and body, spirituality and science, knowledge and intuition, to understand and connect with ourselves at a deeper level.
This four-week exploration will include:
- Understanding the anatomical, physiological and psychological mechanisms underlying a
sustainable yoga (asana) and meditation practice that supports wholeness.
- Opening through the senses to cultivate presence and appreciation.
- Using the sutras as a modern framework and vehicle to connect with self and others.
- Practices that access the neurological mechanisms underlying the social
engagement system to promote safety and deeper connection.
- The active ingredients of meditation to find a practice that works best for you.
- Ways to create a nourishing, meaningful personal practice.
1. “Sacred Vessel: Connecting with the Body”
Bridging ancient practices and science, we will explore external and internal body awakening, opening deep relaxation, well-being and full-body presence. Learn self-regulation through movement and mindfulness practices of attention and intention. Awareness of bodily states cultivates empathy and resilience.
2. “Creating Reality: Working with Thoughts”
Thoughts and beliefs shape our reality. Explore the process of shifting and reframing perspectives by alternating from thinking to sensing and feeling. Yogic practices and mindfulness allow an opening to the wisdom and intelligence of the body so that we can honor our intuition and live and speak our truth.
3. “Shifting Emotions: Heart-Centered Living”
Explore the intimate connection between physiology and emotions to understand how physiological states underlie emotional states and affect well-being. We’ll explore movement and mindfulness practices, utilizing interoceptive awareness to identify obstacles and open areas of creative opportunity, and greater social connection.
4. “Integration: The Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts”
Explorations and experiences from the previous weeks culminate in a richer, multidimensional perspective of self. Our journey through the physical and energy bodies illuminates a deeper, more nuanced connection with ourselves. We’ll review the entire arc of this four-week experience to solidify this new understanding and explore pathways to further embody ways of being.
Cost: $240 (for 4-week series) or $75 per individual workshop
Tags: Movement, meditation, rituals, ceremony, journaling - All Levels